What to Look for in a Title CompanyDecember, 04 2017
When you purchase a home, the closing process is largely handled by a title company. It is their responsibility to handle disputes, conduct title searches, issue title insurance, and close the sale. Here are some things to look out for when choosing a title company:
- Experience – The longer a title company has been in business, the more experience it will have. A large company that has handled hundreds or thousands of real estate transactions will likely be a safer bet than a newer and smaller company.
- Location – Many title companies handle closing activities remotely, but there are times when you may need to meet with your agent directly. If they are not local to you, make sure they are highly communicative to their clients.
- Online Presence – A title company with a good online presence reflects that they are readily available to you when you need them. It also shows that they understand the importance of technology in the modern home-buying process. Look for offered features like digital portals, electronic signature and recording capabilities, and other tech-driven utilities.
- Recommendations – Your real estate agent and/or lender may be able to recommend a title company to you, but do some research of your own as well. Talk with your friends and coworkers about companies they have used and check ratings online. Good reviews on websites like Google and Yelp can give you insight into what customers think of different title companies and allow you to view their strengths before you work with them.
- Honesty – Make sure the title company is willing to provide and discuss with you the results of the title search and offer transparency throughout the home-buying process to ensure that the services you receive are in accordance with the industry’s best practices.
- Flexible and Competitive Pricing – Many title companies offer free quotes on title insurance so that you can factor cost into your decision of which company to work with. Ask about additional fees to gain an understanding about the true value of title and settlement services.
Armour Settlement Services is America’s title company for realtors, lenders, and homeowners. We offer Maryland settlement and title services all over the state and are available 24/7 to assist you with all of your needs when closing on your new home. We have been in business for over 10 years and employ both title management staff and escrow officers that ensure your home-buying process will go as smoothly as possible. For more information on our services or to get a free quote, contact us today.
Connect with us
ABOUT ARMOUR TITLE
©2020 Armour Settlement Services, All Rights Reserved. Site Designed and Developed by: Advantage Internet Marketing